Recipe by Emily Schuermann, Food for a Year
- 1 Happie Organic Sprouted Spelt Crust
- 1 T pre-made basil pesto
- 4 thin slices Roma or Campari tomatoes
- 2 oz fresh mozzarella, torn into ½” chunks
- 2 oz freshly grated (block) mozzarella cheese
- 2 T Italian style jarred tomato bruschetta
- 2 thin slices red onion
- 2-4 basil leaves
- sea salt
- black pepper
- balsamic reduction
Thaw crust (if frozen), bringing to room temperature. Once thawed, cut it into quarters and brush both sides of each slice with basil pesto sauce.
Preheat panini grill to medium-high.
In a single layer, arrange two slices of crust, sliced tomatoes and onions on the preheated grill (do not stack). Grill for 1 minute or until the crusts begin to crisp and the vegetables start to caramelize.
Then, top each crust quarter with:
- mozzarella cheese
- 1 T tomato bruschetta
- 1 slice of grilled red onion
- 2 slices of grilled tomatoes
- 2 basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon of pesto
- dash of salt and pepper
Top each with the remaining slices of pizza crust and grill 2-3 minutes until warmed through and cheese begins to melt. To serve, drizzle with balsamic reduction.