Recipe by Emily Schuermann, Food for a Year
- 1 Happie Organic Sprouted Spelt Crust
- 1½ c ricotta cheese, part skim
- ½ t orange zest
- ½ t kosher salt
- ½ t black pepper
- 1 orange, (peel and pith removed) sliced
- 1 tangerine, (peel and pith removed) sliced
- 1 grapefruit, (peel and pith removed) sliced
- ½ medium avocado, sliced
- 4-5 very thin sliced rings of red onion OR pickled onions
- 2 c Spring lettuce mix
- ¼ c raw almonds, chopped
- pure olive oil spray
- 2 T orange juice
- 1 t orange zest
- ½ t stevia (optional for sweetness)
- 3 T olive oil
- ½ t seedy whole grain mustard
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly cracked pepper
- red pepper flakes (optional)
Preheat oven to 330°. Spray both sides of crust with pure olive oil spray and bake 5 minutes to warm through (set the crust directly on the rack).
Meanwhile in a medium mixing bowl, whip the ricotta cheese, orange zest, kosher salt and black pepper until fluffy (by hand for 1 minute).
Next, prepare vinaigrette by whisking together the citrus vinaigrette ingredients.
Once the crust is baked and warm, remove it from oven and top with the whipped ricotta cheese. Arrange sliced oranges, red onions and diced avocado on top of the ricotta cheese mixture. Top with salad greens, drizzle with vinaigrette and top with crushed almonds.
Cut into 8 slices and serve immediately.